Sunday, July 11, 2010

Party Success

OK well I made ice cream cone cupcakes and they were a success, I didn't take pics of me making them but My aunt took pics of the result and I will post them as soon as I get them from her. Mind you they aren't the prettiest things but they were certainly delicious.

Since Miss Rose's Party was at the bowling alley and we would have to do the clean up and had a time frame and all that good stuff I didn't want to have to bring a whole bunch of things. I found these recipes for cupcakes baked in ice cream cones and thought they were a great idea but put my own spin on them. I still didn't want to have to bring plates and silverware and all that so I decided to bake them 1/3 full of yellow cake, put 1/3 of ice cream and them bake a chocolate cake in a cake pan and cut out circles the size of the top of the ice cream cones fit them on there and then frost them. The result would be cake and ice cream in a minimal mess and completely edible, no plates no silverware just some napkins.

I used mint chocloate chip and strawberry ice cream so there would be a bit of a choice.

They were delicious.!

All the kids had a great time only one actually bowled 10 frames the others quit after 4 but what can you expect of 4-6 year old kids :) I had quarters for the arcade games and everyone had fun. I call that a successful party!

No comments:

Post a Comment