Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shopping

Shopping is a lost art! One I am badly in need of learning. I don't mean shopping for clothes or accessories or household items, I mean FOOD. It's true. The art of going into a grocery store and buying only what one needs to feed ones family is a lost art.
I know, I have a family of 5 and I am amazed that I can go into the store and spend hundreds of dollars and think I am buying so much food; then I get home I put it all away and realize I actually have no food. Who else has done this?? Is it just me??
I blame the impulse buys and the packaged meals and of course...myself for poor planning. Does anyone create menu's? The smart people do I am sure. I however am not one of those. I've tried to do it that way and it just doesn't work for me or my family. We are by nature impulsive in everything.
I need to take a homemaker class. Do they offer those? I mean I am only a part time homemaker as I also hold down a part time job but even fulltime parents are homemakers some of the time. It's an important aspect and needs to be addressed.
Anyone know of a homemaker class or some lecture or hands on learning for creating menus and getting the most for your buck at the grocery store? I want to go to the store and come home and know that I will not being looking in my cupboards and fridge in 3 days saying what happened to all that food I just bought?
Help! Anyone!

Thanks for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment